Monday, April 14, 2008

1/4 Fest


That's the Soul Rebels on the river stage on Saturday at the 25th French Quarter Fest. Beautiful day turned a bit chilly as the sun went down.

Later, we had char-broiled oysters at Dragos! I never thought I would be eating that butter I saw them scooping out of that large vat, but it was goooood. Sitting at the bar, we watched them shuck the biggest oysters I have seen in awhile,. Then they placed the half-shells on a pan, then the grill gal got the oysters from the pan and placed them on the grill, doused them in butter, FLAME!, sprinkled generously with parmesan, FLAME!, butter, FLAME! and then the delicious oysters are removed from the flame and doused with more butter that is then served to you, and you dip your fresh french bread in it.

And have you ever had Abita Strawberry Lager? It has me drinking beer again.

2 comments:

Robert E Trudeau said...

Love the FQ fest, even if it's been years since we last attended. It was such a relaxed event.

And you're lucky to be close enough to the Abita Brewery to take advantage of their seasonal brews. Mmm.

Sad they don't ship them to N. La (as far as I know).

Dogblogger said...

If you come down for Jazz fest, you can load up your trunk at winn-dixie!! So good I think I will have one now (I almost made it through the night).